Hospitality Business Analytics Intern, E15 / Summer / Chicago, IL
At E15, we are the spark that ignites. Our team delivers next-generation insights based on data, not hunches, to drive business in healthcare, campus, corporate, sports, entertainment, hospitality, and retail industries to help companies make forward-looking decisions to benefit their business and their guests. For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: www.e15group.com
About the job
E15 On-Deck Hospitality Analytics Internship Program
June 2023 – August 2023
You’re someone who loves spreadsheets and formulas as much as sampling a new recipe or visiting your favorite restaurant. You’re a creative problem solver, a collaborator, and an innovator. To you, there’s nothing better than uncovering the “Why?” or solving a tough problem.
If you are as passionate as we are about data, analytics, innovation, and world class hospitality, then we are looking for you!
Join us in Chicago for the Summer 2023 On-Deck Hospitality Analytics Internship Program with E15, a data analytics and information services company, and Compass Group, the largest foodservice contract company on the planet.
Position Description, Project Description
As an Intern in this 10-week program, you’ll have the opportunity to support dynamic teams such as Business Analytics, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Research & Insights, and Client Consulting as they support large scale projects for some of the nation’s most well-known brands. You will be matched with an E15 team and collaborate on a project that may involve providing better performance reporting, building predictive models, optimizing operations, creating new insights, or performing a wide range of other data-driven activities that help grow the business. The program is intended to be in-person with interns working from E15’s Home Office located in downtown Chicago, IL 3-4 days per week, with 1-2 remote workdays per week. Please note: no housing subsidy is provided for temporary relocation.
- Analyze datasets to gain new insights
- Examine current performance and forecast future outcomes using predictive data modelling
- Building polished, insightful reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Presenting/communicating analysis to internal stakeholders
- Exciting projects for renowned clients
- A culture of genuine, kind collaborators
- Approachable, intern-focused mentors
- A receptive work environment that always welcomes innovative ideas
- An exciting summer ahead full of professional development opportunities, team building activities, and intern events in Chicago
What You’ll Gain
- Experience visualizing complex data
- Guidance on how to best utilize quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to address business challenges
- The ability to identify key themes surfacing from research and data
- Exposure to real-world projects and current client challenges
- A larger network of like-minded, data driven colleagues and mentors
- Incredible experiences in an equally incredible city
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex data
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to problem-solve with data
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- A good command of statistics
- Familiarity with SQL
- A collaborative work style
- A curious mindset
You Might Also Have:
- Familiarity with Python, R, or C#
- Tableau skills
- Experience with some of the following techniques: regression models, classification models, optimization models, database querying, visual discovery, or complex financial modeling
Apply to E15 today!
E15 is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1116438