HOST/HOSTESS (FULL TIME & PART TIME)
- We have an opening for full time & part time HOST/HOSTESS positions.
- Location: l'Avenue at Saks - 611 5th Avenue 8th Floor, New York, NY 10022 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time & part time schedules; nights & weekends required, more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior hosting experience is not required.
- Starting Pay: $18.00 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1247029.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021
Summary: Responsible for seating residents in the dining room. Handles customer service situations as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greets and directs guests to their tables based on availability or desired seating arrangements.
- Helps create an overall enjoyable dining experience and promotes a safe, clean and neat environment for guests and other associates.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills. Gets along well with others, demonstrates flexibility and patience; possesses an interest in people.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Supervises the activities of food-service associates in the dining room to ensure proper customer service, food handling and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Helps train new food-service team members.
- Supervises the closing of the assigned dining room; ensures side work and station setup is properly completed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency safety procedures and helps evacuate guests to safety in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Assists with service, including occasional bussing and food service, while maintaining safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- May be asked to operate equipment, including but not limited to fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties and during special events or functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1247029