HOUSEKEEPING OPERATIONS MANAGER, Bench/Traveling
Other Forms of Compensation:
Pay Grade: [[payGrade_obj]]
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as a Bench/Traveling Housekeeping Operations Manager, you are responsible for supporting the Environmental Services Department within a hospital. The position may require support of multiple hospitals within a specified geographic region.
- Establishes and annually reviews standards and work procedures for all Housekeeping staff
- Plans work and staffing schedules and areas of work to ensure adequate services are rendered
- Assists in the hiring process; interview, hiring and training of new associates
- Orients, develops, and supervises all supervisory/housekeeping staff
- Conducts regular inspections and makes recommendations to the facility
- Monthly reporting of goals, accomplishments, and future plans
- Staff education and training
- Communication with staff, administration, and other departments
- Coordination of outside services (i.e. Pest Control, Window Cleaning, Medical and Solid Waste, Document Destruction, and Recycling program)
- Four year college degree, military experience, or equivalent work experience required
- At least one year of supervisory experience in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required
- Proven multidimensional growth in the field of health care housekeeping or facility maintenance preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing and stressful environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership
- Possess a detailed knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Ability to work 10 hour day shift with a weekend and holiday rotation
Military Transferrable Skills:
- Non Commissioned Officer E4+ with experience in Planning, developing and directing logistics
- All military branches with experience of supervising a group of soldiers of 15 or more
- Troubleshoots, isolates and identifies causes of equipment malfunction
- Teaches technical skills to lower grade soldiers
- Prepares costs and labor estimates
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Crothall maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1223372
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1223372