HUMAN MILK/FORMULA SPECIALIST PART-TIME- ROCHESTER, MN
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
* We are hiring immediately for a Formula/Human Milk Specialist position.
* Location: Rochester, MN. Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Part Time, 8-hour shifts, every other weekend and holiday
* Pay starting at $22/hour
As a Formula/Human Milk Specialist, you will assist in the successful operation of Food & Nutrition Services in a Tertiary Care Hospital. You will be responsible for preparation, labeling, storage and delivery of all formulas and human milk in the Nutrition Room for infants, pediatric and adult patient populations. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual who thrives in a fast paced and innovative environment.
* Prepares feedings accurately according to established written formulations following pre-established feeding preparation procedures and adhering to quality control standards and aseptic technique
* Uses correct and accurate technique to measure powders and liquids
* Verifies new or questionable feeding orders with care team for accuracy and obtains standardized recipes as needed
* Uses clinical information system to obtain patient feeding orders and to print labels and production lists
* Maintains competence in computer/printer systems
* Stores prepared feedings properly until delivery to units
* Delivers prepared feedings properly to unit refrigerators
* Cleans and sanitizes work surfaces in the Nutrition Room before and after each feeding preparation. Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage areas used in the Nutrition Room
* Calculates new formulations or standardized recipes manually or with software
* Completes inventory management of formula and human milk
* Adheres to food safety and sanitation regulations and standards established by regulating agencies and the health care facility
* Associate degree in applied science with 6 to 12 months of healthcare experience OR
* Bachelor’s degree in applied science field OR
* Students pursuing bachelor’s degree in applied science with 2+ years of education completed OR
* Nutrition and Dietetic Technician, Registered (NDTR) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration OR
* Pharmacy Tech certification with the Pharmacy Tech Certification board
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Proficient computer skills required to be successful
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)