Human Resources Intern, Unidine / Bethesda Dilworth
- We are hiring immediately for a Human Resources Intern position.
- Location: 9645 Big Bend Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined around class schedule and business need; more details upon interview.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 972305.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
We are looking for a motivated and people-oriented person to work closely with the management team to implement and assist with the HR policies at the account. The key focus areas for this internship will be in Recruitment and Staffing, HR Administration, Associate Relations, Compliance, Wage and Hour, Training and Safety. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to apply the skills they have learned and apply them in a professional setting.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Customer service experience/knowledge
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Enjoy building relationships
• Must be undergraduate student pursuing a degree in human resources, business or other relevant degree.
• Computer skills including intermediate level proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, listening and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Student member of SHRMA a plus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Assist in auditing the HR health of the operation by conducting the HR Assessment.
• Build upon local recruitment activity and assist in the posting and monitoring of requisitions.
• Become familiar with Payroll policies and procedures to file and review records for accuracy and to monitor reports and identify training areas to improve labor compliance.
• Maintain and update personnel files per the HR File Checklist to ensure the records are being maintained accurately and consistently.
• Become involved in the Hourly Onboarding process and timely completion of I-9s for new hires.
• Orchestrate and track Passport training for current and new hourly associates.
• Participate in the Safety Committee on campus and assist with Accident Investigations and driving Safety Compliance.
• Assist Management team with monitoring timely completion of appraisals for associates, as needed.
• Participate in YouFirst and CHAT, on a regular basis, to drive hourly training and recognition.
• Ensure all Company, state, and federal postings are up-to-date within our units.
• Communicate with multiple departments in order to obtain necessary information in order to complete duties listed above.
• Building of sustainable relationships – effectively interact and collaborate with customers, team-members and technical teams, provide training for managers, and training and back-up coverage for team-members as required.
• Completion of various assignments and projects as warranted by workloads and business priorities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 972305