HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Position Title: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Pay Grade: 15
Reports To: Regional Director of Operations
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Working as the HR Manager, you will provide field and corporate support with an emphasis on associate relations, front-line associate recruitment, training, and diversity. You will contact experts regarding policies, procedures, and programs in these areas.
- Coordinates and conducts management training related to this area (i.e., terminations, sexual harassment, performance management).
- Investigates and advises management in the appropriate resolution of associate relations issues.
- Coordinates/conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Makes recommendations to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations as is needed.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate satisfaction interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends Operational meetings to increase HR visibility, conduct classroom training, and assist and implement account HR initiatives.
- Coordinates and conducts management training related to the areas of interviewing, selection and hiring.
- Assists managers in developing and implementing recruitment plans to increase qualified applicant flow.
- Provides support and tools to unit management to build relations and make presentations at schools, organizations, community associates, and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities.
- Identifies critical needs areas and takes appropriate steps to rectify problems.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation and management training related to this area.
- Conducts HR Assessments.
- Prepares and presents HR-related topics at Field Operations Workshops for HR Training and Development.
- Regularly conducts HR-related training (i.e., Sexual Harassment, Progressive Discipline, HR 101).
- Supports Preferred Employer objectives and HR business plan by attending and participating in operational meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), Masters preferred
- Two to five years of multi-unit HR generalist and associate relations experience.
- Experience in a high customer contact setting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- SPHR/PHR Certification preferred
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1030837
Joshua Ryan Keith