HVAC TECH (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time HVAC TECH position.
- Location: Johnson C Smith University - 100 Beatties Ford Rd, Charlotte, NC 28216 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday - Friday, 3:00 - 11:30 PM.
- Requirement: Previous HVAC and general maintenance experience preferred.
- Starting Pay: $25.00 per hour
- Perks: Willing to train, opportunities for growth, and excellent benefits!
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: The HVAC Maintenance Technician performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties related to the facilities engineering and maintenance functions and is assigned to work for a Supervisor, Foreman, and/or Master Mechanic on a regular basis.
Incumbent is guided by a comprehensive and proven skill in one trade as evident by possession of an appropriate license from the state. Within the incumbent’s chosen trade, he/she will work independently to analyze and correct complex problems and ensure that non-license workers perform work in a manner consistent with correct work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS utilizing a mobile device.
- Helps determine manpower, material needs, and deadlines for jobs and projects.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, and diagnoses malfunction of HVAC, electrical and mechanical building systems, sterilizers, food service equipment, sprinkler and standpipe systems, transport systems, electronic signaling systems, fire alarm systems and similar plant and specialty equipment items
- Assists in making decisions on all repairs and reports major problems to the Maintenance Supervisor, Foreman, and Manger as appropriate.
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains, and repairs electrical and mechanical systems, or the facilities of any related systems, using power & hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Reviews outside vendor projects and makes punch lists.
- Analyzes and corrects complex building system problems and electro/mechanical problems related to utilities.
- Supports project management activity as needed.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and completes P.M. work orders, tests, and inspections.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance systems.
- Maintains shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in an institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance discipline.
- One of the following: Journeyman Electrical License, Registered ACR Technician with EPA certification in Refrigerant, or Journeyman Plumber License.
- Experience working with blueprints and schematics.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A general understanding of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $25/hour
3:00 - 11:30 PM.</li><li><b>Requirement</b>: Previous HVAC and general maintenance experience preferred.</li><li><b></b> $25.00 per hour</li><li><span><b>Perks: Willing to train
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1183990