INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT MANAGER
Position Title: Instructional Content Manager
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000
Location: Hybrid (2 days in office 3 days remote) Charlotte, NC
Start Date: ASAP
Compass Digital is the innovation company within Compass Group that creates cutting-edge digital retail dining experiences for educational institutions, hospitals, corporate offices, and beyond.
We are a diverse team of inventive problem solvers focused on providing new solutions rooted in the user’s actual needs. We believe in the power of “what if” and combining creative people with different talents to make a dent in the world. We create extraordinary experiences at the intersection of hospitality and technology.
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $20.1 billion in revenue in 2019. From 2018 to 2022, Compass Group was named one of the Best Employers for Diversity, and one of the Best Employers for New Grads.
The award-winning Digital Learning Team, of which the Instructional Content Manager will be a part, is responsible for creating exceptionally engaging, operator-facing digital content that drives adoption of new and emerging technology for operations. The resources that the team produces include eLearning courses, step-by-step, instructional articles, how-to videos, AR learning, VR learning, certifications, and other, innovative learning resources.
The Instructional Content Manager will lead the team responsible for the development and programming of eLearnings for Compass Associates. In addition to leading the team of Instructional Designers, this role will create effective, engaging, and entertaining eLearnings from content related to mobile ordering apps, desktop ordering portals, eCommerce applications, and other Compass Digital supported solutions.
The Instructional Content Manager will work on a team led by the Sr. Manager of Creative Content. The Instructional Content Manager will work closely with other members of the Digital Learning team on a variety of learning and learning related projects. The Instructional Content Manager will perform or assist with various other team related tasks and projects as directed by the Sr. Manager of Creative Content and/or the Sr. Director of Digital Learning.
A successful Instructional Content Manager will be highly organized, collaborative, and coachable. They will showcase a high degree of self-direction to achieve results, embrace change, take feedback, and remain adaptable.
- Manage and develop our team of Instructional Designers.
- Gather content and work with key stakeholders to successfully develop learning programs.
- Develop and program eLearnings and other instructional resources using Articulate software.
- Upload and manage learning resources on the LMS (Totara).
- Run reports and analyze learning related data from the LMS and other sources.
- Write step-by-step instructional articles and manage them on the Digital Support System (Zendesk).
- Review all learning resources for effectiveness, engagement, and entertainment.
- Proofread and review learning resources for factual accuracy and correctness.
- Evaluate and determine methods of learning.
- Relentless pursuit of learning and support innovations.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience directly leading a team of 3 or more in a large, corporate environment.
- Leadership of a creatively oriented team such as marketing, communications, or design is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to learn/master Articulate Storyline software. (required)
- Exceptional communication skills. (required)
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience presenting new ideas to senior leadership. (required)
- Multimedia design skills. (strongly preferred)
- Proficient with MS Office products with a strong focus on PowerPoint. (required)
- Strong writing skills - ability to translate technical language into digestible content for a non-technical audience. (required)
- Exceptionally detail oriented. (required)
- Thrive in a role based in aggressed deadlines. (required)
- Ability to adjust to project scope changes, especially at late stages. (required)
- Restaurant operations and/or restaurant marketing experience. (preferred)
- Compass Group operations experience. (preferred)
- Corporate "Learning and Development" or Instructional Design experience. (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree. (preferred)
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 2268344
Pay: $85,000 to $95,000/year
<div id="6306707"> Compass Digital <p><b> Instructional Content Manager</b> </p><p><b>Salary: $85,000 - $95,000</b></p><p><b>Location: Hybrid (2 days in office 3 days remote) Charlotte
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1168344