INTERNAL AUDITOR (CLT/REMOTE)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The position will conduct financial, operational, compliance and special audits on the Compass Group USA businesses to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of reported financial information and/or the achievement of business objectives as well as to support in other governance-related activities.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
***The ideal candidate is located in Charlotte, NC or within a reasonable commuting distance. All candidates must be willing to periodically perform work from the Company’s Charlotte office.***
• Conduct audits, either individually or as a part of a small team, with responsibility over the planning, audit execution and delivery of the final audit report. For each assignment, understand the various risks, processes, controls, IT systems, business performance metrics, operational challenges, and business initiatives.
• Maintain appropriate work papers (using data analytics) and evidence to support findings and recommendations.
• Communicate findings and recommendations concisely and clearly to all levels of management both verbally and in writing. Work with local management to develop sound and practical solutions to weaknesses and monitor closely the implementation of agreed action plans.
• Deliver high quality audit reports with concise, practical recommendations, which considers the context in which the business operates.
• Continuously interact and develop strong relationships with management teams to promote open and timely communication.
• Support other activities including presentations, cost improvement initiatives, strategic analysis, due diligence reviews, etc.
• Domestic travel to business units, up to 40%.
• B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance.
• 1+ years’ work experience in a finance or internal audit department of a global organization and/or in a CPA firm.
• Proficient Microsoft Office and PC Skills with an emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Data analytics software knowledge (i.e. ACL, IDEA) a plus.
• SAP knowledge a plus.
Skills and Capabilities:
• Strong communication skills and ability to function effectively in teams, one-on-one situations, and audit presentations.
• Ability to work independently, a self-starter, creative thinker with high professional standards and integrity.
• Good analytical skills, with strong risk awareness and thorough understanding of processes and controls.
• Risk aware and capable of quickly identifying problems / situations, which require attention as well as the business requirements.
• Knowledge of internal controls across the various business cycles (e.g. Finance Reporting, Procurement, HR & Payroll, etc.).
• Effective writing, presentation and listening skills.
• Strong organization and work paper skills.
• Effective team player.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1020278