INTERNSHIP - Grounds Management
- We are hiring immediately for a Grounds Management Internship position.
- Location: 215 South Dr. Martin Luther King, South Bend, 46601. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: 7am - 3:30pm
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1024291.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
You will be working closely with the leaders of SSC developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of grounds management. To provide the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of landscape, grounds, and sports turf management. With direction from the Director of Grounds and support from a team of experienced grounds personnel, the Seasonal Grounds Intern will gain hands-on experience and knowledge of the tasks and responsibilities required to manage the grounds of the School's campus and athletic fields. Areas of work and instruction include the management of athletic fields, trees and shrubs, irrigation systems, and all cultural practices required to manage a campus. The intern will also learn how to choose, operate, and maintain equipment required in managing grounds. The intern will also learn more about being a contributing and effective member of a team. This is a seasonal position and is not eligible for benefts.
- Must be eighteen years of age at time of work commencement.
- Contribute to variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, operating and cleaning of the grounds shop, exterior grounds, and campus facilities.
- Developing knowledge in making decisions on all normal & minor repairs and reports major problems to the Supervisors, Foreman or grounds technicians.
- Gain skills with minor repairs to equipment which is needed to complete their assigned tasks, and building areas, using power & hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Work with a manager, supervisor, or team lead to assist with a variety of grounds management tasks/duties.
- Spend time with leadership developing logs, performing rounds, and completing work orders, tests, and inspections.
- Become proficient in managing facility and campus grounds, shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Gain experience in related and other departmental duties as required.
- Moving, raking and trimming/pruning
- Plant Installation
- Bed design
- Cultural practices including: fertilization, integrated pest management, aeration, mulching, and weeding
- Assisting with budgeting/forecasting
- Lining/striping/painting athletic fields
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Moving and setting up equipment
- Tending grounds and reporting concerns
- Making minor repairs using simple hand tools
Learning Objectives: Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment. Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the grounds management world.
Qualifications: Candidates should enjoy working in a job that requires physical labor as a team member, welcome constructive feedback, be customer-service oriented, and demonstrate as energetic approach to working and learning. Previous experience in grounds management is not required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).