IT Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / Boise State University
- We are hiring immediately for a IT Intern position.
- Location: 1910 W University Dr Boise, ID Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined based on class schedule and business needs.
- Starting pay: $15.00 per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1246196.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working closely with the leaders in the hospitality group at Boise State University developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of IT Support within the hospitality industry. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem resolution, planning and implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experiences which will provide many opportunities for your personal success in a career of IT Support.
• Interest in the IT Support industry
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• Enjoy building relationships
• General interest and knowledge
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Customer Service
• Technology Troubleshooting
• Data Analysis/Management
• Procedure Development
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Executing operational standards
• Financials, P+L, Loss Prevention
• Safety and Quality Assurance: Safe food in a safe environment
• Assuring an exceptional guest experience
• Client Relations and Contractual Commitments
• Associate learning and development
• Operational support of serving platforms
• Working in different settings: FOH, BOH, Catering, Marketing & Administration
• People management (schedules, time management)
• Inventory management
• Help Desk ticket management
• Troubleshooting various IT related issues
• Report development
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality in addition to IT Support
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.