K12 SCHOOL NUTRITION DIETITIAN- Chartwells- Tupelo, MS
Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more information, visit www.ChartwellsK12.com.
Serving up Happy and Healthy is more than just our slogan. It’s a passion and a calling. With the largest team of registered dietitians in the industry, Chartwells invests in the future of K12 students, by placing the best people where they can have a significant impact on kids’ nutrition in the cafeteria and sustainability in the communities, they live in. We are seeking a School Nutrition Dietitian to assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition & sustainability initiatives supporting a local school district!
Chartwells K12 offers COMPETITIVE SALARY WITH EXCELLENT BENEFITS for Dietitians! Phenomenal schedule!
- Leads menu planning and recipe and ingredient management in our proprietary menu management software
- Collaborate with chefs in strategic purchasing initiatives, and the technical nutritional review of ingredients, recipes & menus
- Develop and provide associate training and leads food allergy & medical condition program compliance
- Build and implement student centered nutrition education programs
- Provides leadership for operations and support teams with media & nutrition communications including social media posts
- Conducts internal audits and monitors district compliance with USDA requirements for school breakfast and lunch programs
- Works with the vast number of dietitians within Chartwells K12 to assist in the development in a variety of programs, including sustainability, taste testing, discovery kitchen, mood boost program and much more
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills
- Possess the vital skills to optimally use Microsoft office applications and nutrient analysis programs
- Experience with working in a Foodservice environment, K12 school nutrition highly preferred
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Chartwells K-12 maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1184352
SARA C ST CLAIR
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1184352