Kitchen Manager - Barclays Center
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
The Kitchen Manager position is a leadership role within the culinary team under the direction of the Executive Sous Chef - providing direction and coaching to team members to drive the very best food and guest experience at the location. The ideal candidate will be an experienced culinarian with a passion for great food and guest experience.
* Proactively coaching and motivating team members to deliver their best
* Identifying opportunities and driving improvement in our location operations
* Monitoring quality and sanitation standards
* Delivering against our financial goals and budgets
* Setting the standard for culinary excellence
* Overseeing equipment maintenance routines
* Communicating and monitoring par levels
* Supporting the creation of menu build diagrams and monitoring output to ensure standards are adhered to
* Ensuring all routine kitchen management procedures are adhered to including (but not limited to) opening and closing checklists, cleaning schedules, temperature checks, waste sheets and pest control
* Creation of menu specifications, as needed
* Setting standards for chef table setups
* Creation of prep sheets and line layout diagrams to ensure consistent and efficient food production
* Performing daily line checks to verify quality and flavor standards
* Leading game day culinary operations
* Managing end-of-month inventory, in partnership with the purchasing team, to ensure the accurate recording of stock
* Proactively monitoring and managing food waste to help drive the cost of food
* Delivering training and coaching to team members on both the menu and general culinary skills
* Management of employee breaks to ensure the well-being of all team members
* Delivery of pre-shift meetings to set the tone for events
* Conducting corrective action with team members to address any issues in relation to performance
* Completing onboarding and orientation for new members of the Culinary team
* Ensuring all elements of food ordering, delivery, prep, transportation, and service are conducted to a high standard in line with Levy’s sanitation and safety Core Signatures
* Supporting other Levy locations, as needed
* Supporting the maintenance and update of recipes
* Management of culinary department budget
* Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Experience
* 2+ years of experience in a culinary leadership position
* A culinary degree is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Understanding of financial concepts
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Levy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1161163