KITCHEN OPERATIONS MANAGER (Sunday - Thursday afternoon schedule)
Salary: $47,500 - $93,000
Other Forms of Compensation: Benefits
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021, This is R/A !
The Kitchen Operations Manager is responsible for all activities in the back of the unit for the Harvard Business School dining services account. You will manage and provide leadership to a team of Utility Food Service Workers and Dishwashers/General Back of House Servers including hiring, training, developing, coaching, and counseling. Direct reports are union-hourly associates, part of Local 26, Unite Here.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, this opportunity includes:
Employee Meal Benefits
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Professional Development & Paid Training Opportunities
Onsite Parking for a small weekly fee
- Adheres to HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe, and sanitary food production, purchasing, receiving, and facility maintenance.
- Provides leadership and direction to Utility Food Service, Dishwashers/General Servers including hiring, training, developing, coaching, and counseling.
- Prepares weekly schedule, manages daily callouts and replacements, and reconciles time punch activity.
- Oversees kitchen cleaning supply stock and works with purchasing manager to ensure items are on hand when needed.
- Ensures kitchen and back-of-house equipment is clean, organized, and kept in good working order.
- Communicates any facility-related needs in a timely manner using approved processes.
- Increases back-of-house efficiencies and productivity.
- Perform equipment pulls including cleaning and organizing for the culinary team.
- Demonstrates success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Contributes through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all back-of-house Associates.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment
- Take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
- Demonstrates good communication skills - verbal and written, with the ability clearly and concisely communicate information to both hourly and salary employees.
- Proficient computer skills including various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and the internet.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly projects, priorities, and initiatives to ensure the day-to-day business runs efficiently and the team is happy and productive.
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles and practices.
- Must have a good attitude and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum three years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience.
- Union experience.
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 50 lbs, manage proper storage of food items as necessary.
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification is a plus.
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Restaurant Associates maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1220834