LEAD DIETITIAN: SHARON, CT.
- We are hiring immediately for a Lead Dietitian position.
- Location: Sharon Hospital in Sharon, CT.
- Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Professional management schedule
- Requirement: RDN
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered
We are seeking a Lead Dietitian to join our Nutrition Team in Sharon, CT. Monday-Friday, day shift with rotating weekends. The Lead Dietitian will direct the functions of clinical nutrition services to patients in a specialty area and ensure patient satisfaction, proper diet maintenance, quality care, regulatory compliance and good public relations.
Join our team and be eligible for comprehensive benefits to include tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, AND dues and licensure fee reimbursement, as well as many other benefits.
- Provides clinical nutrition services including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients in a specialty area, which may include NICU, bariatric, renal, cardiac, diabetes, nutrition support, transplant, oncology, pediatrics and outpatient services.
- Assesses the nutritional status of patients through documentation in the medical record.
- Develops, revises and individualizes nutrition care plan based on information from the patient, medical record, family and health care team members.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the specialty program including staff evaluation, program budget and expansion opportunities, record keeping and staff training.
- Orients, mentors and trains staff and interns, as applicable.
- Complies with all regulatory standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies.
- Participates in facility-wide and directs departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
- Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Reads, customizes and enforces compliance with all policies and procedures of the facility and Company as appropriate.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable required.
- Experience with computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite required.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1030916