- We are hiring immediately for a Lead Dietitian position.
- Location: Haymarket, VA
- Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, rotating weekends
- Requirement: Full-time acute care inpatient position. Prior inpatient experience, preferred
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Our Company is currently seeking a Lead Dietitian to join our Nutrition Team in an acute care hospital environment. With your expertise as a Lead Dietitian, your work will be valued as you make a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and other healthcare professionals. This position will lead the functions of clinical nutrition services to patients and ensure patient satisfaction, proper diet maintenance, quality care, regulatory compliance, and good public relations.
• Establishes goals and oversees the implementation of clinical nutrition care based upon the facility’s medical direction and patient population.
• Provides clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training, and nutrition information to residents/patients. Includes 25% of time performing clinical management responsibilities, such as overseeing clinical staff performance and training.
• Hires, leads, directs, coaches, trains, and develops nutrition team members.
• Fosters teamwork and establishes effective strategies to implement innovative programs which lead to optimal clinical nutrition and financial outcomes.
• Evaluates clinical team staff according to departmental policy and takes appropriate action as necessary.
• Monitors competency, productivity, and documentation accuracy of clinical staff.
• Assigns and directs the workload of the clinical nutrition staff. Participates in staffing analysis to ensure adequate staffing in collaboration with the Regional Clinical Nutrition Manager and/or the Director of Clinical and Wellness Support.
• Complies with regulatory standards, including federal, state, and accrediting agencies, and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies.
• Participates in facility-wide and directs departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
• Leads and/or participates in departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
• Reads, customizes, and enforces compliance with all policies and procedures of the facility and Company as appropriate.
• Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations.
• Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by CDR post examination, required
• Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board, post examination, in states where applicable within the company’s required timeline as outlined per policy, required
• Minimum of one (1) year of hospital experience, preferred.
• Must be experienced with computers; including Microsoft Office, e-mail, and the Internet
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1018264