LEAD, JANITOR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time LEAD, JANITOR position.
- Location: SSC - 215 South Dr. Martin Luther King Boulevard, South Bend, IN 46601 (Openings at other locations within school district available) Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday - Friday, hours may vary. More details upon interview. (Full and Part Time with the flexibility to meet most scheduling needs)
- Requirement: Previous janitor and managerial experience is preferred. Willing to train!
- Starting Pay: $17.86 per hour
- Perks: SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: Performs administrative tasks, trains team members and oversees overall training activities for custodial associates. Acts as a resource for others due to knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and heavy commercial cleaning equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts classroom and hands-on training on customer service, safety, compliance and company policies.
- Conducts one-on-one training as needed.
- Updates and provides training on use of janitorial equipment, PPE and chemical usage/safety.
- Copies training material and revises material as needed; conducts administrative tasks as requested.
- Provides feedback on new associates during orientation period; reviews trainee records to ensure successful compliance.
- Provides recommendations to training coordinator for disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Performs reviews, i.e., monthly safety performance review, in order to ensure compliance with OSHA, Risk Management and other applicable company/federal/state/local requirements and policies.
- Performs walk-through building inspections as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $17.86/hour
<b>Willing to train!</b></li><li><b></b> $17.86 per hour</li><li><b>Perks:</b> SSC invests in our employees with <b>training and growth opportunities</b>
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1184461