LEGAL ASSISTANT (CHARLOTTE, NC)
Pay Grade: 6
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
- Conduct necessary research to obtain and renew food service permits in state, county, and city jurisdictions
- Gather and submit required information such as plans, menu, spec sheets, certifications, fees, etc.
- Maintain and create new accurate records in License HQ database with proper attention to detail
- Use database to plan, organize, and execute renewal payments for existing health permits
- Perform routine data entry and other office support activities including creating, sorting, photocopying, distributing, and filing documents
- Request checks, make online payments, reconcile credit card charges
- Print UPS labels, scan packets of information, save to secure folders for addition to database
- Organize and distribute legal and licensing mail
- Acquire signatures of corporate officers and ensure they reach the proper recipients
- Make calls to internal/external clients and governmental agencies to resolve issues
- Keep up with current changes in law related to permits managed by your position
- Excellent, proven interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, excellent time management, and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Must be a team player who can easily handle shifting priorities
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Successful candidate will have attention to detail, be a self-starter, and thrive in a professional and fast paced environment. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1223906