Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Summary: Operates and maintains all equipment, guided by a general knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical system repairs, plant maintenance and the use of tools and basic maintenance supplies.
The shift is 7AM to 3:30PM Monday thru Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
* Responds to dispatch calls for machine repairs using company vehicle.
* Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; listens to and resolves service complaints.
* Inspects and listens to machines to identify causes of malfunctions; dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
* Performs a variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, operating and renovating plant and facilities.
* Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
* Reads blueprints and diagrams, determines materials needed, estimates time and material costs on installations and requests supplies to assure timely and adequate availability.
* Installs, tests and repairs electrical fixtures, power distribution circuits, utility equipment, internal communication and alarm systems and elements of heating and medical equipment.
* Diagnoses and corrects trouble on electrical installations; recommends emergency courses of action to keep vital electrical equipment operational.
* Recommends appropriate sources of electrical power for new installations or renovation projects.
* Works on power lines, including 120 to 480 volts and on transformers, switch gears, cubicles, etc.
* Performs corrective maintenance in accordance with the work order system.
* Installs/repairs high and low-voltage electrical equipment including transformers, panels, feeders, motors, switches, fire alarms, intercoms, computers and other equipment in a timely manner.
* Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
* Exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Valid current state/local electrical license.
* Two years of trade school or related experience.
* Two years of experience as an electrician in a similar-sized institution in an engineering or maintenance occupation.
* Working knowledge of local, state and the National Electric Code (NEC).
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1036411
Abigail Van Eman