MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN position.
- Location: Fresh & Ready Foods - 1145 Arroyo Ave., San Fernando, CA 91340. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous experience is preferred.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 1108934 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen’s track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops, mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned; contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as instructed.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs; reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or journeyman.
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work, lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds maintenance occupation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Fresh & Ready Foods