MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME)
$250 SIGN ON BONUS!!
- We are hiring immediately for a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN position.
- Location: TAMU, 600 Agronomy Road, College Station, TX 77843 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. 10:00pm-6:30am, 11:00pm-7:30am, 12:00am-8:30am - 5 days a week; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Valid Driver's License
- Starting Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Perks: $250 SIGN ON BONUS!! SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops, mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned; contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as instructed.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs; reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or journeyman.
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work, lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds maintenance occupation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- · Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- · 401K with Company Match
- · Disability Insurance
- · Life Insurance/AD
- · Associate Shopping Program
- · Health and Wellness Programs
- · Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- · Identify Theft Protection
- · Pet Insurance
- · And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1182818