MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full time MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN position.
- Location: 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule; 9:30am - 6:00pm, rotating weekends & holidays required. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior floor care experience is required.
- Starting Pay: $17.34 per hour
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Crothall Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for yourself at the Power of Clean!
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall is the market share leader in Environmental Services (EVS), and serves many of the top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 2,000 healthcare service teams in 47 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania in 2020 for the 8th straight time and Beckers Top 150 Places to Work in 2019 for the 4th time. A division of Compass Group USA, Crothall has more than 26,000 team members. Its EVS division is CIMS and CIMS-GB certified by the ISSA since 2009, and its HTS division is ISO 13485 certified since 2019. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, Laundry and Linen Services, Ambulatory, and Sterile Processing.
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops, mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned; contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as instructed.
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance, driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support, generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs; reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or journeyman.
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work, lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds maintenance occupation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
BENEFITS FOR OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- Full-time and part-time positions are offered the following benefits: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identify Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and other voluntary benefits including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Crothall is a member of Compass Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Crothall maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1246009