MAITRE D (FULL TIME)
- We have an opening for a full time MAITRE D position.
- Location: Genesis House - 40A 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10014 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule; 5 days per week, more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior serving experience is required.
- Starting Pay: $35.00 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1247085.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021
Summary: Seats guests in dining room. Ensures customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greets guests and accompanies them to their tables based on availability or desired seating arrangements. Oversees guest flow within the restaurant.
- Manages the reservations system.
- Promotes an overall enjoyable dining experience; promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests and associates.
- Advises guests on menu and beverage selections.
- Liaise between kitchen staff and dining room staff.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others; demonstrates flexibility, patience and a willingness to communicate with guests and staff.
- Supervises the activities of food-service associates in the dining room to ensure proper customer service, food handling and sanitation procedures are followed.
- Makes special occasion arrangements for guests; promotes special in-house events.
- Helps train new food-service team members and provides ongoing customer-service training.
- Supervises the closing of the assigned dining room; ensures servers complete side work and station setup.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency safety procedures; assists with evacuation of guests to safety in the event of an emergency.
- Helps bus tables and serve foo/beverages when necessary while maintaining safe food-handling and sanitation standards.
- May operate equipment, including fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events or functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1247085