MANAGER, CATERING OPERATIONS
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Filling every occasion with great food and service! We are currently seeking a Catering Operations Manager for a high-volume and premiere catering department at San Jose State University. Our Catering Operations Manager will manage a team of staff, develop and execute catering solutions to meet our customer need, and ensure the catering offered to our guests is of outstanding quality. Events can range from coffee service to VIP dining events on and off campus.
- Coordinates and oversees internal and external catering events from beginning through execution
- Generates effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships
- Trains, and schedules catering staff, and will be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in-service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures
- Ensures successful operations of catering functions including labor cost control, foods cost control and preparation, transportation, setup, operation, and cleanup of all events
- Working with the Catering Director and Chartwell’s Marketing team, implements effective strategies to build catering revenue
- Associate’s Degree is preferred in either Hospitality or Culinary Arts
- High volume catering experience, including 2 years in management
- Booking, selecting and costing menu items, pricing contracts, and resourcing temporary help and equipment experience is key
- Proven experience in the hospitality industry with management experience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1105488