Manager, Customer Technology Category Management (Hybrid Schedule)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The manager of the Corporate Technology Category Management will support building effective technology vendor partnerships, sourcing & procurement, contract development, negotiation, and compliance in support of the Compass Technology Group. Working with key stakeholder groups, primary responsibilities will encompass managing vendor relationships and performance, risk assessments, facilitating support escalations, commercial and contractual negotiations, compliance, and helping various organizational stakeholders connect with assigned vendors as needed. The position will encompass a varying mix of both strategic and tactical activities that must be balanced to achieve the desired results. This role will require strong relationship, contracting, negotiation, communication skills. Some intermittent travel may be required throughout North America.
- Collaboration and networking with 3rd party vendors
- Support strategy development in line with department and organizational goals
- Management of objectives and deliverables in accordance with company policy and budgets
- Provide support for strategic objectives and overall priorities
- Ability to hold 3rd party vendors accountable for commercial and contractual compliance
- Integrity and confidentiality of information
- Highly developed sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to assimilate a diverse set of data points into a cohesive picture
- Service oriented collaborative approach to customer and peer relationships
- Work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Commitment to quality and results
- Successful 3rd party vendor management experience
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience with Corporate department technology (Human Resources, Accounting, Tax, Sales, etc) a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technology and/or business experience
- BA/BS Degree in technology, business, or a qualitative field
- Strong business / commercial and financial acumen
- Excellent written, verbal communication
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Effective organization, planning, problem solving, and analytical skills
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 987531