Manager in Training, SSC - EVS/Housekeeping - Appleton, WI
MANAGER IN TRAINING - ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES / HOUSEKEEPING - UNIVERSITIES & SCHOOLS
Location: Appleton, WI
WE ARE a family of companies delivering the best in food, hospitality, and support services. As the leading foodservice and support services company in the US, we are known for our great people, great service, and great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted our delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 250,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, stadiums, arenas, convention centers, museums, and much more – in all 50 states.
WE BELIEVE that each and every employee plays a key role in our growth, innovation, evolution, and legacy. We know that the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting diverse expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar in everything we do.
YOU ARE someone that is passionate about developing yourself and those around you. You enjoy being a part of a team that is collaborative, innovative, and driven to succeed. You are inspired to create lasting, memorable experiences for guests. You believe in delivering great service to guests, building strategic partnerships with clients, and continuing to learn and improve each day. You are flexible, adaptable, and are able to act decisively with little or no supervision.
YOU MAY HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree received by August 2022 or prior (required)
- One year of customer service or related work or internship experience (preferred)
- Willingness to relocate for the right role or advancement opportunity
- Demonstrated financial acumen including profit and loss management, inventory, and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with peers, employees, clients, and customers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic understanding of contract administration and client relations
- Basic knowledge of operating and maintenance instructions, safety regulations, codes and use of departmental policy and procedure manuals
- Mechanical inclination
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s License (required for transportation roles)
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a Support Services Manager in Training (MIT), you will gain preparation for a potential future role within our support services team leadership. Through this process, you will learn the best practices of your Compass Group sector, and facilitate these practices within areas which may include, but are not limited to: safety, quality control, maintenance, patient transport, groundskeeping, housekeeping, hiring, training, payroll, profit and loss, and more. As an MIT, you will be assigned to a training location to complete the on-site, hands-on learning portion of your onboarding and training experience while you participate, in tandem, in Compass Group’s Accelerated Manager Program (AMP). Upon successful completion of AMP, relocation within your assigned region may be required to be considered for placement opportunities. Placement or promotional opportunity into a full-time management position upon completion of AMP is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed. As an AMP grad with a focus in support services, you may take on managerial assignments in operational areas such as:
- Environmental Services Management
- Patient Transportation Management
- Ground Maintenance Management
ACCELERATED MANAGER PROGRAM
AMP is a unique combination of assessment, organizational training, and one-on-one coaching that surfaces and develops our future leaders. AMP provides new and aspiring managers with an impactful, fast-track learning opportunity focusing on management development. AMP uses a personalized approach that aims to customize learning for your unique strengths, skills, and interests. This program can be completed in 12 weeks or more, depending on your learning needs, your pace, and the goals of your particular sector.
By participating in AMP, you will receive:
- Competency-based assessment to identify your leadership strengths and opportunities for development
- Custom-built, personalized learning path with experiential learning, micro-courses, and simulations
- One-on-one peer support and mentorship
- 360° evaluation of progress and development
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).