Marketing Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / Anderson University
- We are hiring immediately for a Marketing Intern position.
- Location: 1100 5th Street Anderson, IN Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined based on class schedule and business needs.
- Requirement: Previous social media management preferred.
- Starting pay: $9.50 per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1210812.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager to implement and promote the dining program here at Anderson University. This involves research to understand the needs of the target market, planning & brainstorming, promotions & advertising through various platforms, and implementation. This is not your average internship; you will be spearheading various projects and will be able to request assignments to expand your knowledge base. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in the field of marketing.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Customer service experience/knowledge
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
• Prior marketing related experience is a plus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Assist with planning, organizing and hosting events
• Assist with Dine on Campus
• Assist in social media calendar development and promotions
• Act as a brand representative
• Conduct marketing audits
• Conduct general administrative tasks
• Complete Marketing Boot Camp
• Surveying students to collect marketing research
• Create marketing materials to numerous specifications
• Manage signage in multiple locations
• Assist with the creation of concepts, campaigns, and imagery to effectively communicate messages to the target market
• Manage website and social networking profile content
• Attend meetings or other events as required
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
• Learn how to create and implement a marketing plan
• Learn how to conduct market research and use it to generate a larger audience or increase buy-in
• Learn how to use multiple platforms and strategies to effectively promote a brand
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.