Marketing Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed + Boost / San Jose State University (FALL SEMESTER)
- We are hiring immediately for a Marketing Intern position.
- Location: One Washington Square, San Jose, CA. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined around class schedule and business need; more details upon interview.
- Starting pay: $16.20 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1045253.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
In this role, you will work closely with SJSU Dining Services and the Boost Marketing Team to implement and promote the Boost mobile ordering app on-campus. Your job is to drive app awareness, adoption and usage through marketing campaigns, social media, experiential marketing, and more. Bring your creativity and knowledge of your campus and fellow students to the role by testing and implementing new marketing strategies/tactics while appropriately representing Boost and SJSU Dining brand.
This internship will give you real-life marketing experience and exposure to various Boost teams, including Marketing, Product, UX, and Data Analytics. If you are interested in marketing, communications and/or technology, this internship is for you!
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Customer service experience/knowledge
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content creation
- Good interpersonal skills
- General interest and knowledge of marketing and technology
- Prior marketing-related experience is a plus
- Learn how to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and analyze data to make marketing decisions
- Learn how to create and implement a marketing plan
- Learn how to conduct surveys and obtain proper and actionable feedback
- Learn how to use multiple platforms and strategies to promote a brand
- Understand the intricacies of implementing mobile ordering on campus
- Learn the language of digital and become digitally certified by Compass Digital
- Fully understand the mobile ordering integrations and offerings for your campus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
- Assist with the creation of campaigns, and promotional opportunities to drive awareness, adoption and usage of the Boost mobile ordering app
- Assist with planning, organizing and hosting Boost tabling events
- Creation of Boost social media content, including photos, videos and reels
- Assist in social media calendar development and promotions
- Act as a brand representative for Boost
- Conduct Boost marketing audits
- Become digitally certified through Boost Marketing & technology modules
- Survey students to collect marketing research
- Order and edit marketing materials via the Boost Higher Ed Portal
- Manage signage in multiple locations
- Track app downloads via QR code and social download links and report on key marketing metrics
To apply, reach out to Amanda.Paletta@compass-usa.com with the following:
- Full Name
- Year & Program
- Campus Club and sports team involvement
- A brief explanation of why you think you would be a great Boost intern
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).