MGR, CATERING OPERATIONS
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1065162.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
The Catering Operations Manager holds duties related to successful execution and coordination for on and off premise Company events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors. You will be expected to have excellent client skills in presentation and marketing ability.
- Consults clients as to scope, expectations, setting, menu, collateral entertainment to have a successful and appropriate event within the client’s budget
- Plans menus in consultation with the clients and chefs
- Negotiates individual vendor contracts
- Delegates to, and ensure that, the Event Manager coordinates and executes the event within the parameters established by the Catering Event Manager
- Recruits, interviews, selects, and trains permanent and casual staff
- Organizes, leads and motivates the catering team
- Plans staff and event schedules
- Maintains and develops accurate financial and administrative records
- Serves as liaison and coordinator between Sales Catering Managers, Supervising Chefs, Staffing, Captains, Suppliers, Vendors, Rental Companies and Clients as needed to plan events
- Assesses contract requirements and ensure satisfaction with the services delivered
- Performs final review and assessment of catering events to determine if they meet performance and quality standards
- Resolves customer concerns and ensures timely customer payment
- Operationally savvy industry professional with demonstrated leadership in managing people, events and the overall guest experience
- Strong organization, time management and team motivation skills are essential for success in this role
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with clients, senior management, and WPC support staff
- Ability to respond effectively to continuously changing demands
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, P&L, labor and sales forecasting and reporting
- Effective use of discretion to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to establish credibility with senior culinary professionals
- Human Resource experience including hiring, training, mentoring and development
- 3-5 years’ experience in a hospitality management environment (preferably in an off-premise catering environment)
- The ability to manage in an environment with focus on client service, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
?Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Wolfgang Puck Catering