MGR, CATERING SALES
Wolfgang Puck Catering is committed to recruiting individuals who express an interest in and passion for hospitality-driven experiences; who come from diverse backgrounds, are open-minded and curious about our clients and guests; and, most of all, who possess a welcoming smile and spirit. Our ultimate goal is to develop mentoring and career building opportunities through a talent pipeline that allows us to promote from within.
"The most important thing in life, whatever you do, has to be passion." Wolfgang Puck
Success on our team starts with our culture:
- We have Wolfgang’s PASSION for our business, our product, and our people / guests / clients.
- A FLEXIBLE MINDSET is key; we are strategic business partners who wear multiple hats.
- Our services require a CONCIERGE mentality, a bias to action with humble hospitality.
- We are out-of-the-box PROBLEM SOLVERS, who look around corners so our clients and guests don’t have to.
- We curate company and partner resources to bring our client’s vision to life. We seek to cultivate the next generation of talent, purveyors and partnerships.
- We bring an entrepreneurial approach to deliver results for our clients (you might call this scrappy).
- Collaboration and openness to innovative business tools, new ways of thinking and ability to partner across departments are essential to create optimal business solutions.
“I can have the best food, but if we don’t have good people, it won’t get you very far.”
Working as the Catering Sales Manager you will effectively coordinate and oversee internal and external catering events. You will be responsible for menu development as well as costing and marketing functions as they relate to the catering department. You will implement labor cost control, foods cost control, preparation, transportation, setup, operation and clean-up of all events.
- Hires, trains and develops managers, and is actively involved in the development of service techniques, menu presentation, policies and procedures
- Creates operating statements, reports, and operational budgets, and reviews of the collection of receivables
- Creates catering activities, books, plans & directed functions
- Creates proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Prepares and monitors budgets; financial targets and forecasts
- Maintains local clients database and builds and maintains relationship with vendors
- Ensures all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in compliance with HACCP
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Proven track record for meeting sales goals
- Strong knowledge of current food, industry trends and fine dining points of service
- A minimum of two years of experience in hospitality industry including one year experience in catering sales
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
- Must be able to write menu proposals in consultation with chefs
- The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean-up is also essential
- Knowledge of A/V equipment with the ability to set up and break down for events.
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess attention to detail
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset and able to remain calm under pressure to anticipate and support changes in our business.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional client relations and customer service abilities
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
?Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Wolfgang Puck Catering