MGR, OPERATIONS/FOOD SERVICE
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
At the direction of the RVP, the Operations Manager will provide assistance and support to the RVP for departmental functions to include planning, evaluating, implementing and reporting on departmental operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing assistance in the oversight of business activities, strategic planning and development, and program administration. One of the roles of the Operations Manager is to function as departmental liaison to customers.
- Assists with the overall leadership for all departmental functions to include managing, planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations.
- Provides fiscal oversight of operations and provides financial reports to the RVP. Recommends and evaluates cost control compliance and seeks new and innovative ways to reduce costs of labor and materials.
- Directly supervises and maintains responsibility for their unit within the department, including directing the efforts of and supervising management and other staff members.
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives
- Provides advice and input in matters pertaining to the administration of University-wide programs and initiatives that involve the Company.
- Provides advice and input in managing strategic plans and the development of integrated programs.
- At the discretion of the RVP, serves as liaison and assists in the coordination of activities across departments to ensure that departments are not working at cross purposes to others.
- Monitors, evaluates and provides advice on process development, compliance and internal controls and provides information and reporting to management.
- Advises with developing, and implementing new policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field and participates in training and professional development sessions.
- Serves on various committees and user groups as requested.
- Minimum Four year college degree
- Five to ten years progressive POM management & leadership experience and a proven record of cost containment in a large complex organization.
- Experience in College/University Facility required.
- Leader who is visionary with strong management, planning and communications skills. Must have the ability to see and understand the inter-connections between various operating units.
- General business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High Customer Service and quality attitude, with great communication skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Bon Appetit maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1174487
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $81,500 to $123,500/year
<div id="128166"> Bon Appetit <p><b> </b>$81500-$123500</p><p> </p><p>Our Passion is Food!<br><br>At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1174487