MGR, RES DISTRICT II
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as a Resident District Manager (RDM), you will manage a large multi-unit dining account. You will serve as our point of contact for the client as well as lead the team within the account and manage the overall operation. You will provide planning and direction within your account to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment. You will also maintain strong client relationships and work to fulfill our mission to feed kids.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team at a large account, with the goal of providing top-notch service to the client, students, and community
- Drives and develops self and team at the account towards building strong relationships with the client(s) and achievement of key performance indicators (profitability, safety, employee engagement, etc.)
- May serve on district leadership team, and participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Ensures decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications while gathering input from the team and partners
- Fosters a culture of transparency, understanding, education, safety, and accountability at the account
- Serves as the representative/brand ambassador of the Chartwells team within the district and community; attends key client and community events
- Ensures client needs are met or exceeded, we retain the account, find cross-sell opportunities, and assist in rebid process as directed
- Supports functional areas of operation, including but not limited to safety, marketing, nutrition and culinary
- Ensures adherence to local, state, federal and company policies, and conducts unit audits to ensure conformance for key areas (e.g. food storage, sanitation)
- Maintains compliance with USDA regulations and guidance for all applicable meal and retail programs, along with completing all required reporting on time
- Champions development within the account; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning for the account; has full understanding of all roles within operation
- Owns the financial results for the account, and works with leadership to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of al policies and procedures
- Educational minimum and work experience per USDA Professional Standards for the account(s)
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry, or other Support Services area
- Is well-versed in all aspects of foodservice management with a proven track record of success
- Has proven track record of leading a business and a team, strong customer service, and good business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative, critical thinking, ownership, communications (listening, written, and verbal), multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, and resilient
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
Occasional travel required in this position
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 1150690
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1150690