- We are hiring immediately for a MULTIMEDIA AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICIAN position.
- Location: Merck, 90 E Scott Ave, Rahway, NJ 07065. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday through Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Requirement: Corporate AV support experience.
- Perks: Free parking, meal plan, and uniforms provided.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1247239.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Founded in 1996, Waveguide LLC is an internationally renowned independent consultant in audiovisual design, information technology design, acoustics consulting, on-site technology management and workplace data analytics. Waveguide is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, with regional consulting locations in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston, Raleigh, Tampa and Portland.
Our award-winning designers and consultants create world-class communication environments that look as good as they perform. And our data analytics solutions empower facility managers with the resource insights they need to optimize building performance and our clients’ technology investment.
Our trusted AV operations teams are among the most experienced and highly qualified in our industry. They are at our clients’ side to tackle the daily technical and logistical challenges of their meetings and events so they can focus on what matters most.
At Waveguide, we build relationships. Whether it’s your relationship with a client, or the relationship of a technology system to its environment, our success and the success of our clients depends on how we apply our expertise to meet our clients’ needs. Together, we help create strategic technology plans that reflect the way people live, learn and work. We help design efficient buildings and infrastructure that save dollars and make sense. And we design effective technology systems regular people can actually use. But we’re only as good as our people.
We are seeking associates who are passionate, creative thinkers and who will be tirelessly dedicated to building lasting relationships and finding innovative answers to our clients’ most challenging questions.
Within Compass Group, Waveguide is part of the Eurest family that provides dining services to local, regional and national companies across the United States. Services include operating employee dining centers, on-site catering, executive dining rooms, and other managed services.
Summary: As a Multimedia Technician, you will repair, maintain, upgrade and install AV equipment for clients. You will coordinate conference guests and business services for multipurpose conference rooms, troubleshoot equipment, and assist clients with conducting meetings in conference spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages events for the multipurpose rooms, general floor conference rooms and all other meeting spaces.
- Manages holistic meeting experience: sets up and breaks down of furniture, ensures cleanliness of room, and completes all other necessary tasks.
- Oversees and upkeeps all audio visual equipment in managed spaces.
- Places conference functions in properly sized rooms to maximize space utilization.
- Provides seamless management of events with high touch customer service.
- Ensures that AV systems have the latest firmware and software installed updating as necessary.
- Assists Tier 2 with hardware swaps as needed (CHD/projectors).
- Manages ITSM and daily email and phone requests.
- Handles issues as they arise through the proper administrative channels.
- Follows protocol during emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge in network connectivity, digital signal flow, network compliance support, and firmware/software updates.
- Knowledge of modern audio-visual concepts and equipment, including excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Experience with laptops, projectors, microphones, and remote participation technology for audio and video conferencing.
- Crestron DMC-E certification and network certification is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of calculations and Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet.
Associates at Waveguide are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1247239