OPERATIONS MANAGER (EVS) 9am-7:30 pm, GTU Hospital, Washington DC
Other Forms of Compensation:
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
At the direction of the RVP, the Operations Manager will provide assistance and support to the RVP for departmental functions to include planning, evaluating, implementing and reporting on departmental operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing assistance in the oversight of business activities, strategic planning and development, and program administration. One of the roles of the Operations Manager is to function as departmental liaison to customers.
- Assists with the overall leadership for all departmental functions to include managing, planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations.
- Provides fiscal oversight of operations and provides financial reports to the RVP. Recommends and evaluates cost control compliance and seeks new and innovative ways to reduce costs of labor and materials.
- Directly supervises and maintains responsibility for their unit within the department, including directing the efforts of and supervising management and other staff members.
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives
- Provides advice and input in matters pertaining to the administration of University-wide programs and initiatives that involve the Company.
- Provides advice and input in managing strategic plans and the development of integrated programs.
- At the discretion of the RVP, serves as liaison and assists in the coordination of activities across departments to ensure that departments are not working at cross purposes to others.
- Monitors, evaluates and provides advice on process development, compliance and internal controls and provides information and reporting to management.
- Advises with developing, and implementing new policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field and participates in training and professional development sessions.
- Serves on various committees and user groups as requested.
- Minimum Four year college degree
- Five to ten years progressive POM management & leadership experience and a proven record of cost containment in a large complex organization.
- Experience in College/University Facility required.
- Leader who is visionary with strong management, planning and communications skills. Must have the ability to see and understand the inter-connections between various operating units.
- General business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High Customer Service and quality attitude, with great communication skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Crothall maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1234806