Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Working as a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for the preparation, production and ordering for the pastry department. You are responsible for handling, preparation and storing perishable products. You will adhere to HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation. Additional duties may include menu development, inventory, ordering, sanitation, and hourly associate management to include hiring, counseling, coaching and development.
- Prepares, produces and orders for the pastry department
- Handles, prepares and stores perishable products
- Adheres to HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production
- Culinary degree is preferred
- Minimum three years related experience in upscale, high volume restaurant and/or catering operations
- Ability to demonstrate creative and quality driven pastry skills
- Must have good food knowledge and recognition of quality product
- Strong knowledge of current food and catering trends with a focus on using seasonal ingredients, production, sanitation, food cost controls, menu development and presentation
- Excellent overall computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- ServSafe of Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1012587
BRIAN P PANGBORN