Patient Dining Services Manager
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 / year
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
As a Patient Services Manager, you will have multifaceted responsibilities, to include the planning and supervision of patient food assembly and service, scheduling, overseeing room service style MyDining program at a 500+ bed hospital in the heart of downtown Austin. This position has a co-manager and leads a team of 1 salaried Supervisor, 3 hourly Leads and approximately 40 hourly Associates. Our Patient Services and Culinary team work closely together to provide excellent food quality, customer service and healing to our patient population. A background in nutrition or patient care is a plus! Anticipated schedule is mostly Monday-Friday, and rotating one weekend every 5-7 weeks.
- Establishes goals and oversees implementation of patient food services needs based upon medical direction, patient population and contract
- Hires, leads, directs, coaches, trains, and develops patient services team members
- Follows dietary restrictions on special or modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations
- Stays in sync with regulatory agencies, including federal, state, and Joint Commission as evidenced by successful completion of surveys with no deficiencies
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay
- Ensures patient services staff assists in achieving stated patient satisfaction goals
- Participates in facility-wide and department Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care
- Follows facility, department, TouchPoint and Compass safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends all departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned
- Bachelors Degree preferred; or Associates Degree plus three years of directly related experience preferred
- Food service management and healthcare experience preferred
- Registered Dietitian, Registered Diet Technician or Certified Dietary Manager certificate preferred
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1045709
ERIN S PRINDLE