PATIENT DINING SUPERVISOR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time PATIENT DINING SUPERVISOR position.
- Location: Spartanburg Medical Center - 101 East Wood St., Spartanburg, SC 29303 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time. Schedule may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous customer service experience required.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1007766.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Patient Dining Supervisors are responsible to coordinate patient meal service and special requests and needs for the Patient Dining Program. Ensure that Patient Dining Associates are adequately trained and that units are properly staffed to provide service. They are a huge part of creating a culture of comfort and compassion in the healthcare environment, taking care of patients’ special requests and nutritional needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the Patient Dining Program service are accomplished.
- Supervise Patient Dining Associates and ensure they provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, and deliver/pick-up their meal trays.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Interacts with nursing and evaluates on a daily basis patient meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery and tray retrieval process.
- Is responsive to patients' needs at all times. Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines, a prevention based food safety system for meal assembly and distribution.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily associate team meetings following Morrison’s branded GR8 Start Meeting guidelines and template.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and read documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and operation and maintenance instructions.
- Aptitude for effectively operating hospital’s admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system, and other computer-based systems, which manage patient care records.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts. Reasonable accommodations can enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1007766