PATIENT OBSERVATION ASSISTANT (FULL TIME & PART TIME)
***$200 SIGN-ON BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS!*** Further details upon interview.
- We are hiring immediately for full time & part time PATIENT OBSERVATION ASSISTANT positions.
- Location: University of Kentucky - 310 South Limestone and 1000 south limestone, Lexington KY 40508 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time & part time schedules; 7:00am - 3:30pm, 3:00pm - 11:30pm, or 11:00pm - 7:30am. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior customer service, home health/healthcare, and CPR experience is preferred, willing to train!
- Perks: Free uniforms!
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Crothall Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for yourself at the Power of Clean!
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall is the market share leader in Environmental Services (EVS), and serves many of the top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 2,000 healthcare service teams in 47 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania in 2020 for the 8th straight time and Beckers Top 150 Places to Work in 2019 for the 4th time. A division of Compass Group USA, Crothall has more than 26,000 team members. Its EVS division is CIMS and CIMS-GB certified by the ISSA since 2009, and its HTS division is ISO 13485 certified since 2019. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, Laundry and Linen Services, Ambulatory, and Sterile Processing.
Summary: Provides visual and audible observation of assigned patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and unit manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually and audibly monitors the assigned patient's condition and behavior at all times.
- Completes observation reports at established interval.
- Takes initiative in compassionately rendering service or responding to needs. Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
- Remains at the bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Verbally redirects the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to be in medical distress or poses a threat, and escalates to assigned medical professionals.
- Participates in collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment is safe; reports any safety hazards to the charge nurse. Removes visible hazards and reports as appropriate.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Assists with keeping patient's room safe and orderly.
- Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required.
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance, control, or other nursing interventions, or exhibits unusual behavior or verbalizations. Immediately reports any potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges coverage around meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any reason.
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray and setting up of patient's meal tray; assists with basic positioning of patient; assists with patient wheelchair rides and/or ambulation if patient is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned staff nurse.
- Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, etc.
- Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and hospital staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures. Honors department's attendance, break, behavior, dress, personal hygiene, and safety codes.
- Honors all confidentiality and other regulatory requirements.
- Accepts and absorbs department and hospital education program.
- Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- Current CPR AED or basic life Support healthcare provider (BLS-HCP) certification required within 30 days of hire, if required at the facility.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- One to two years of previous experience is preferred.
BENEFITS FOR OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- Full-time and part-time positions are offered the following benefits: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identify Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and other voluntary benefits including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Crothall is a member of Compass Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Crothall maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1246806