PATIENT SERVER (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time PATIENT SERVER position.
- Location: Spartanburg Medical Center - 101 East Wood St., Spartanburg, SC 29303 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time; 12 hr shift. Schedule may vary. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous customer service experience preferred. Willing to train!
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 973695.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Why it is still safe for you to work in healthcare… We know that many of you who are new to working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure about your safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential contagions are known and are being controlled is among the safest places to work!
For anyone who becomes a member of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well managed. We also have a lot of resources available for you. We believe that knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in your back pocket, you will feel much better about serving in healthcare during these challenging times. Thank you for serving others to make a difference.
Summary: Responsible for patient food service on assigned units, including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick-up, special requests and needs, and in-between meal food delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when taking menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving trays.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Assembles trays according to patients' menu selections on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing staff to ensure patients' diet prescriptions are accurate and patients' food needs are met.
- Retrieves trays from patients' rooms.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patients' rights policy as outlined in the facility's HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department's safety procedures.
- Follows facility and departmental safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility's protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program and Life Safety Program. Participates in drills, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Computer technical skills to operate hospital systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 973695