Payroll Intern - Charlotte, NC
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Our team is currently seeking an intern in the Payroll Services department. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and learn from experienced payroll professionals. Please note that this internship is year-round and will need to be based in Charlotte, NC.
• Aid in the auditing of Payroll system outputs to ensure compliance with established standards
• Provide standard payroll reports and ad-hoc reports along with data analytics to support decision making
• Assist with timely and accurately processing payroll master data and payroll processing
• Runs reports and prepares data for audits and legal requests
• Validate tax reports for multiple filing frequencies
• Provide prompt customer service with payroll questions and payroll-related policy questions
• Support process improvements through projects and initiatives
• Review and update process documentation
• Assist with special projects
• Assist other teams within department when requested
• Capability to take direction and communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team members
• Self-driven, proactive problem solver with great attention to detail
• Proficiency regarding time and meeting deadlines
• Can do attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Science or similar program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)