PAYROLL SUPERVISOR - CALL CENTER
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Are you interested in leading a payroll team for a great company with amazing benefits, free food and people-first culture? If so, then this position may be right for you.
This position is located in Charlotte and offers a hybrid work schedule!!!
- Supervise a Payroll Operations team in a large multi-state payroll environment
- Evaluate and develop staff by implementing training and development plans and administering appraisals
- Hold regular One on One meetings with team members to set expectations and raise awareness of individual performance
- Assist Payroll Manager with team succession planning
- Lead weekly Operations team meetings
- Oversee Analysts activity and performance
- Ensure team members are aware of all company and department policies
- Maintain strong team environment through communication, motivation and consistent publication of metrics
- Achieve service levels including call hold times, paperwork processing, and resolution of work order tickets
- Facilitate compliance with the escalated issues process
- Handle escalated Customer Service calls from the field that cannot be resolved by an Analysts
- Reduce volume of calls through root analysis and preventive measure implementation
- Prevent unplanned/incidental overtime
- Monitor calls to ensure all associates are complying with standard procedures, providing accurate information and excellent customer service
- Review all processes on regular basis to identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and quality, and make recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Payroll processing and/or high volume call center experience required
- Demonstrated leadership ability, supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service focus and people skills
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and implement preventive solutions
- Must have a technical and a data oriented mindset
- Results-driven, energetic, deadline oriented and highly resilient
- Proven accomplishments in process improvements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook
- SAP experience preferred
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1224502