Salary: $56659 / year
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
The Event Planner is responsible for executing internal meetings and special events as well as the day-to-day management of the operation. The Event Planner will work directly with the client on the coordination of booking of meetings and events.
- Manages meetings and events for meeting owners
- Discusses meeting room logistics, catering requirements and audio-visual needs with designated groups
- Manages catering needs for customers, including guiding submission of orders via EMS, creating custom orders when needed, providing recommendations and explanations of menu items, and overseeing catering operations for assigned events
- Produces banquet event orders for distribution to catering team, including pantry and kitchen
- Maintain a firm understanding of EMS software to include Virtual EMS in order to guide customers through the request process as needed.
- Oversee the strategic booking of space within the EMS system to ensure maximum utilization of the facilities by the customer.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all operations, including audio visual, catering, room set-ups, cleaning services, and security.
- Maintain positive customer relationships and ensures a timely response to all inquiries for space and/or service needs.
- Effectively plan and communicates to all relevant internal departments and subcontractors the specific needs of the customer, including room setup, audiovisual, and food and beverage requirements.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Flik, Restaurant Associates & Client Organization, Services, and Standard Practices.
- Communicate all issues to Lead Event for resolution.
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Flik maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1160730
Flik Hospitality Group
JEANNE M LANE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $56,659/year
<div id="128179"> Flik Hospitality Group <p><b> </b>$56659 / year</p><p><b>What makes FLIK click</b></p><p><br><em>What makes FLIK click
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1160730