PLUMBER APPRENTICE (FULL-TIME)
** SIGN ON BONUS! MORE DETAILS UPON INTERVIEW! **
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time PLUMBER APPRENTICE position.
- Location: West Texas A&M University - 2401 Russell Long Blvd., Canyon, TX 79016. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Apprentice or Journeyman License.
- Perks: Up to $500 Sign On Bonus! More details upon interview.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1009216.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: The Plumber Apprentice performs a variety of Plumber maintenance duties for the facility’s Maintenance Department, and is assigned to work for a Plumber Senior Technician on a regular basis. The Plumber Apprentice associate is in an apprentice program guided by his project manager, mentor, supervisor and apprentice advisory training committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies the location of leaks and make repairs.
- Repairs or replaces parts.
- Determines the equipment, tools or materials needed for tasks.
- Solves simple plumbing problems.
- Maintains OJT logs, performs rounds, and completes maintenance work orders, tests, and inspections.
- Maintains facility and campus grounds, shops, and mechanical areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Attends classroom a minimum of 144 hours per year.
- Learns and utilizes the site CMMS.
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS utilizing a mobile device in real time.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be registered in a Plumber Apprentice Program with USDOL.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).