PLUMBER LICENSED MASTER (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a PLUMBER LICENSED MASTER (FULL-TIME) position.
- Location: South Bend-215 South Dr Martin Luther King, South Bend, IN, 46601 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Monday through Friday. More information upon interview.
- Requirement: Licensed in Indiana. Journeyman apprenticeship completed.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1007976.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: The Licensed Master Plumber holds the license that all other technicians in that trade will work under for the system and is responsible for ensuring that all work is performed according to all applicable laws, federal, state and local. In addition, this role may be called upon to supervise and lead a group of workers on a project, teach advanced maintenance skills to other members of the department, review work of outside vendors and licensed maintenance workers, and report on and repair discrepancies, as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of duties in overseeing the maintenance, repair/replacement, operation and renovation of equipment and facilities in the Plumbing trade.
- Makes decisions on all normal & complex repairs and reports major problems to/consults with the Operations Manager and upper management as appropriate.
- Reads and understands blueprints, specifications, or models to learn work layout, or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
- Reviews outside vendor projects and make punch lists.
- Analyzes & corrects complex building system problems, alone or as part of a team.
- Maintains the systems, equipment, and facilities, in a clean safe operating condition in accordance with local, state and federal regulations as they relate to the plumbing trade.
- Determines manpower, material needs, and deadlines for jobs or projects.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance systems.
- Learns and utilizes the site CMMS. Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS utilizing a mobile device in real time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by quickly reporting accidents and unsafe working conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent 8 years (minimum) of training and work experience, including 4 years in a DOL accredited Apprentice Program plus 4 years working as a Journeyman Plumber.
- Must have a valid Master’s Plumbing license as well as proof of a valid RMP endorsement.
- Must possess a valid Class “C” driver’s license.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).