PRICING ANALYST (CLT/REMOTE)
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
***The ideal candidate is located in Charlotte, NC or within a reasonable commuting distance. All candidates must be willing to periodically perform work from the Company’s Charlotte office.***
Foodbuy is the foodservice industry’s leading Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) focused on lowering purchasing and product costs for foodservice organizations. We currently have a Great Opportunity for career development and growth as a Pricing Analyst, within our Termset Management, Operations Department. This position is open to our Charlotte (NC) office, but full remote candidates will be considered.
While core ownership includes maintaining system integrity and accuracy of our US contracts, the Pricing Analyst has significant autonomy to innovate and develop solutions to a wide range of team/departmental challenges and risks. This role is highly analytical in nature and a successful candidate will be organized and detail oriented with an aptitude for data analytics across a variety of tools (Excel, VBA, SQL, PowerBI).
- Lead and oversee team quality control processes, process compliance, identify areas of risk, and deliver solutions
- Responsible for Price Release accuracy and communication to distributors, members, and management
- Support all aspects related to the bi-monthly Foodbuy Price Release process including system enhancements
- Manage the accuracy of Foodbuy’s contracting and billing database (Supply Chain) as related to Pricing, Volume Allowances, and all other contract parameters
- Deliver results against a very strict calendar of deadlines
- Execute monthly team-wide PowerBI Risk Dashboard, identifying key risks/insights to management
- Develop and maintain VBA Macros
- Create and visualize SQL Queries to derive business insights and opportunities direct from the database
- Perform various types of analysis by customer/distributor/category/item relative to purchase volume, quantities, pricing, and volume allowances
- Liaise with IT to improve the team’s ability to efficiently interface with Supply Chain
- Provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop product knowledge and understanding of market conditions
- Work with the appropriate internal stakeholders to resolve supplier billing discrepancies
- Create sustainable and repeatable solutions to ad hoc problems
- Completion of undergraduate degree and/or equivalent business experience
- 3+ years of experience analyzing large volumes of data
- Prior experience utilizing Excel Formulas to automate repetitive tasks
- Ability to read, interpret, and translate information across a variety of platforms to a variety of audiences
- Experience with complete MS Office Suite of products
- Hands on knowledge of Excel analysis functions required
- Experience with Power BI dashboard creation and SQL queries
- SQL, Visual Basic, and Macro experience preferred, however an ability to show an aptitude will be taken into consideration
- Prior database management experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and collaboratively as part of a team
- Assertive, yet capable of building and maintaining effective working relationships
- Organized and highly detail oriented
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1045652