PRODUCTION WORKER I - CENTRAL KITCHEN (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for full-time PRODUCTION WORKER I - CENTRAL KITCHEN positions.
- Location: Carnegie Mellon University-5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Open evening and weekend availability. More information upon interview.
- Requirement: Prior experience preferred, willing to train.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 990037.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Prepares quality food for patients, associates and customers using standardized recipes and production sheets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient and retail menu items on production sheets, following established quantities and recipes.
- Completes and uses daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality.
- Operates and cleans equipment per departmental procedures after each use.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy.
- Communicates any patient- or customer-related problems to appropriate personnel.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient's rights policy as outlined in HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Completes all required documentation, reports and logs as required.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as departmental sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).