Projects and Systems Intern, Accounting / Summer / Charlotte, NC
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Our Team is currently seeking a Projects & Systems intern. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and learn from a team with varied strengths. You will learn the foundation of project management and be given exposure to multiple systems. This position will be based in our Charlotte, NC corporate office for Summer 2023.
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Assist with automation projects for various teams within Compass Group
- Assist with gathering project requirements
- Assist with tracking and reporting of the project
- Pursuing Bachelor’s, as a rising Junior or Senior, in Accounting or similar undergraduate program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient in MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- Experience with macros, Power Automation, Power BI, or similar systems
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills vital to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency regarding time and meeting target dates
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to lead multiple projects
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing factors and conditions
- Curiosity about the hospitality and service industry
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A collaborative work style
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 1091582