QA SAFETY MANAGER
Food is our passion. It’s what brings us all together. We’re a division of Compass Group, the leading foodservice and support company in the world. The Eurest sector focuses on business/corporate culinary - dining and catering. Our account supports the largest technology provider across the globe. Together, our over 1,500 team members serve over 50,000 per day across an HQ and seven field site campuses around the country; as well as produces and caters over 30,000 events annually. Our award-winning team is a key player in contributing to the exciting and engaging workplace. Whether it be creating new culinary concepts, hosting promotions and events, designing the customer experience from start to finish in a new space and beyond, our team strives to provide an inspiring, immersive and vibrant environment that unites and connects people together through food. Our goal is to nourish, nurture and fuel employees, to foster partnership and productivity.
As we are continually evolving our program, we’ve built it on the pillars of sustainability, wellness and diversity – inclusivity for all at our core. These principles are woven into our fabric as a company – from taking steps to preserve the earth for future generations through sustainable practices. To not only partnering with women and minority owned companies, but investing in and supporting them, to rooting in our local community. To factoring in food as medicine – and designing our culinary vision around health and wellbeing. We are committed to a collaborative effort to bettering the world now and for generations to come.
Our enterprise is ever-changing. We are fueled by innovation and thrive in the growth mindset. And, we’re growing! We’re working with our client to build a new premiere destination on campus that will include world-class dining such as Food Halls, a pub, a bowling alley, retail and services and inventive gathering spaces that encourage collaboration. Join us and be a part of blazing a new trail. Come and reimagine with us.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The QA Safety Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining all QA programs, meeting USDA, FDA, and customer requirements, and ensuring the quality and safety of supplied goods. Must have strong knowledge of Preventive Controls for Human Food.
- Hourly and management associate orientation and training
- Conduct Hourly Associate QA Orientation - new hire
- Review of Associate Handbook and Passport: Port of Call 7 - Food Safety and Sanitation
- Training sessions conducted as needed
- Conduct New Manager QA Orientation for all new unit managers and District Managers
- Conducted as needed
- Conduct Compass approved ServSafe training for Managers and persons-in-charge
- Training session to be 16 hour (2-day) format
- Provide one-on-one manager and associate training when working in units - as needed
- Identify specific food safety training modules to be conducted by unit managers each week
- Provide specific guidance to unit managers related to weekly food safety training modules
Audits - Inspections - Reporting
- Review and evaluate corrective actions submitted by unit management for issues noted on any 3rd Party audit, self-inspection, quarterly QA audit, health inspections and client food safety audits
- Collect and track Monthly Food Safety Inspections (self-inspections) conducted by unit management
- Evaluate completed self-inspections for quality and thoroughness
- Evaluate all internal, external, and self-inspections for trends related to standards compliance.
- Provide monthly summary report to VP and District Managers related to:
- Current trends in operation related to QA standards compliance
- Identify barriers to compliance and communicate guidance and solutions related to these issues
- Product Complaints and Reports of Foodborne Illness
- Inspections (self, third party or regulatory)
- Standards Compliance and Support
- Visit each location at least 1 time per year:
- Observe QA behaviors of management and hourly associates, provide one-on-one guidance and training as needed, and evaluate general unit-level standards compliance, including HACCP
- Provide technical guidance related to QA standards compliance to culinary and marketing personnel related to new and existing merchandising concepts
- Provide routine communication to unit managers related to issues of concern, best-practice, and policy changes
- Provide specific written operating procedures to unit managers, as needed
- With the leadership of Corporate QA, aggressively react to reports of food-related illness, food-related injury, and product defects following identified complaint handling protocols
- Assist Corporate QA in facilitating investigations
Education and Certifications Requirements:
- BA degree and/or 5 years relevant experience in hospitality or food service industry with quality assurance/food safety focus
- At least one of the following credentials:
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CPFS)
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS)
- Registered Sanitarian (RS)
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Knowledgeable with FDA Food Code
- Knowledgeable with State Retail Food Establishment Regulations
- Knowledgeable with Compass Group QA Standards
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1033015