QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - GAINESVILLE, FL
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for development and maintenance of all QA programs, meeting USDA, FDA and customer requirements and ensuring the quality and safety of supplied goods. Must have strong knowledge in Preventive Controls for Human Food. A strong background in manufacturing, quality assurance and strong understand of FSMA is a must.
- Contributes to development and execution of product food safety and quality programs to support the organization’s goals of operational excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial performance, market leadership, and preferred employer.
- Responsible for developing and on-going maintenance of the Food Safety Plan. Must be able to identify deficiencies and implement new strategies.
- Ensures all HACCP, GMP’s, sanitation preventive controls, supply chain preventive controls and all other prerequisite food safety standards are met according to USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA and corporate requirements.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the facilities process flow and engage personnel in all areas of food safety and quality within the flow.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of allergen cross contact.
- Manages the written recall program.
- Ensures complete traceability of incoming raw materials and finished product while managing lot code tracking.
- Ensures labeling programs is accurate in accordance with allergens, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Oversees all food safety audits conducted by government and third party agencies.
- Responds to customer safety and quality concerns as needed.
- At least 6 years of directly related experience required in Quality Assurance and Food Safety manufacturing role.
- Experienced in prepared foods manufacturing a plus.
- HACCP program development and FSMA is a must.
- HACCP certification, Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) and GFSI auditor certification a must.
- Strong understanding of required third party audit and GFSI audit scheme programs and standards.
- Working knowledge of food processing and distribution regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice.
- Experience developing and motivating personnel.
- Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following focus areas a plus: meat, poultry, seafood, processed foods, distribution, proprietary/private-label product development and/or monitoring.
- B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related curriculum and/or experience required.
- Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced, diverse and evolving corporate culture is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn various software and web-enabled programs.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, with the ability to relate to other professionals, peers, and field operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills.
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 972067