QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST - CLEVELAND, OH
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
This individual is responsible for implementing and maintaining all QA Programs, meeting state and Compass requirements, and ensuring the quality and safety of supplied goods. They will do this through the performance of on-site inspections, audits, evaluations, and training in the area of food safety and/ or sanitation!
- Promotes, implements, maintains, and verifies Quality Assurance (QA) and safety reporting standards
- Provides written feedback to unit managers and chefs regarding non-compliance observations
- Works with managers to find solutions to QA challenges and crisis
- Liaises with client, senior management and unit managers and chefs on all QA issues
- Participates in all BOH inspections and all external Audits
- Trains team members on all QA policies and procedures and maintain accurate records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree
- Experience with HACCP program development and ServSafe and third party audits
- Solid understanding of food regulations, i.e. FDA, USDA, and industry practice
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1023479
MELISSA E LEPORE